Has the question,“how can I sell my house quickly?” been keeping you up at night? You’ve come to the right person! You–and hundreds of other Chicagoans are wondering the exact same thing!
- Check out DebraDobbs.com, your one stop guide to Chicago Real Estate and all that the city has to offer! Be sure to click over to the blog for my insider tips on buying and selling your home, market updates, my favorite local spots, and more!
- What is a listing agent?
A listing agent is a realtor that assists you in selling your house–also known as a “seller’s agent” and is your advocate and quarterback through the entire marketing and closing process.
Sell my Chicago house with a Listing Agent!
- The Chicago Real Estate market can be overwhelming to navigate on your own. Give me a call and I’m happy to share my expertise on everything from real estate, to the best each neighborhood has to offer, to making Limoncello. (I've got a great recipe!)
- We can’t all be “phone people” can we? No hard feelings. Click here to send me an email instead (of course, it’s completely confidential.)
- Chicago Buyer's Agent
Looking for a real estate agent who knows the ins and outs of Chicago's neighborhoods and will be a fierce negotiator on your behalf. Debra can help give you peace of mind throughout the buying process!
- Friend me on Facebook for updates on the market, timely articles, and more importantly -- where to find the best Margaritas in Chicago
- Connect on Twitter for interesting updates, local market news, and other Chicago tidbits.
- Your source for everyday inspiration -- from finding the perfect home to the best DIY projects to craft in it, you’ll love keeping in touch on Pinterest.
548 W Webster Ave, Chicago, IL 60614
- More Information
Sell My Home The good news for you? It’s a seller’s market in the real estate world right now (especially right here in the windy city)–so with a few of these tips, your home will be off the market in no time. Work with a great listing agent Can you sell your home on your own? Of course–that’s definitely an option. However, it’s not exactly recommended. A better option is to work with a listing or “seller’s” agent–for too many reasons to count! For starters, your listing agent will have an in-depth knowledge of the market, and will be able to accurately price your home to sell within your ideal timeframe. Marketing and exposure of your home is also a big draw to working with a seller’s agent–only licensed agents and brokers can add your home to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)–which syndicates with other websites like Redfin, Trulia and Zillow. Essentially, if you want potential buyers to see your home–you’ve got to get it on the MLS! Working with a listing agent is also essential for your protection in the transaction. She will verify that any potential buyers are pre-screened, qualified, and will negotiate with the buyer’s agent on not just the final price, but the final terms as well! If you aren’t a real estate agent yourself, no amount of googling can make up for this expertise! Price it right Another perk of working with an agent, she will likely specialize in your neighborhood and will know the market like the back of her hand, and take several factors into consideration before recommending a fair selling price for your home. Pricing your home incorrectly has grave consequences–either not selling your home at all, or selling it for too little!
Stage it well Often, sellers will skip this step, but it’s certainly one of the most imperative. If you have a great agent, she should be able to help stage your house for you, or even recommend a professional to do the job. Why is staging so important? Buyers need to be able to envision themselves living there! If you don’t have decent existing furniture in your home, CORT furniture and Brook Furniture Rental are two great places to rent staging furniture. Sprucing up your home’s curb appeal is also imperative–it’s amazing what a little power washing and landscaping can do to add value to your home! (Not sure where to start? That’s okay–your agent has plenty of contacts to take care of it!) Get the word out! If you have a great agent, she’ll put the word out everywhere she can! Working with a listing agent is the only way to get your listing on the MLS–which, in turn, syndicates with other websites like Zillow, Trulia and Redfin. A great agent will also be active on social media, where potential buyers are! Ready to sell your house? (Moreover, ready to stop wondering “how am I going to sell my house?”) Great–get in touch with Debra today! She’s helped hundreds of sellers in the Chicago area for the past 30 years. She’s ranked among the top 1% of Chicago agents, and as a native Chicagoan herself, Debra knows the ins and outs of the cyclical real estate market. Rest assured–in her hands, your home selling process will be a breeze!